Below is a comprehensive although non-exhaustive list of events our association organised in past years. Recordings of some events are available on our YouTube channel.
- Founders’ Lecture 2022 – Dr Rafael Medina, Assistant Professor at Complutense University, Madrid, and president of the Spanish Bryological Society. In-person event (recording available), 14th October 2022.
- President’s Lecture 2021 – Dr David Williams, Principal Researcher at Natural History Museum of London and president of the Systematics Association. Virtual lecture, 13th October 2021.
- Young Systematists’ Forum 2021 Virtual meeting, 19th November 2021.
- Sir Julian Huxley Lecture 2021 – Dr Susan L Perkins, Martin & Michele Cohen Dean of Science at the City College of New York, United States. Virtual lecture, 13th October 2021.
- Science Policy Lecture 2021 – Prof Sir Ian Boyd, former Chief Adviser to the UK Government on Food and Environment. Virtual lecture, organised in collaboration with the Linnean Society of London, 14th October 2021.
- President’s Lecture 2020 – Dr Sam Giles, Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow. School of Geography, Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of Birmingham. Virtual lecture, 25th November 2020.
- Young Systematists’ Forum 2020 – Virtual Meeting. 23rd and 24th November 2020.
- Annual General Meeting and President’s Lecture by Andy Brower – Assistant Director, National Identification Services (NIS), USDA APHIS PPQ Plant Health Programs, USA. London, 27th November.
- Young Systematists’ Forum, 21st Edition. London, 22nd November.
- Sir Julian Huxley Lecture 2019. “Sixty years in Asian rainforests: how systematics could support their Anthropocene future”, by Peter Ashton, FLS. In association with The Linnean Society of London. London, 14th November.
- The Systematics Association Biennial Conference. Bristol, 17th-19th June.
- Annual General Meeting and President’s Lecture by. London, 28th November.
- 20th Young Systematists’ Forum. London, 23rd November.
- Sir Julian Huxley Lecture 2018. In association with The Linnean Society of London. London, 7th November.
- Biodiversity Policy Lecture. London, 18th October.
- Course: taxonomic skills and field techniques for freshwater ecology and quality. London, 21st-25th May.