This free script provided by
To view feeds from related sites, visit the Feeds page.
To join the Systematics Association, visit the Membership page.
Young Systematists Forum, visit the YSF page.
For further details of the council members, visit the Council members page.
Other Systematics Associations
Federation of European Biological Systematic Societies -
Société Française de Systématique (France)
Gesellschaft für Biologische Systematik (Germany)
Swiss Systematics Society (Switzerland)
Network of Biological Systematics (Austria)
Willi Hennig Society (International)
Society of Systematic Biologists (USA)
Society of Australian Systematic Biologists (Australia)
Australasian Systematic Botany Society
in addition, the Systematics Association maintains especially strong links with the Linnean Society of London
ZOOTAXA - a rapid international journal
for animal taxonomists
Biogeography & Systematics - The journal aims to become a forum for larger papers (i.e. monographs) in biogeography and systematics that cover the fields of systematic and evolutionary biogeography, phylogenetic systematics, its history, theory, methodology and epistemology. Read more
Foundations of Systematics and Biogeography Blog - the Companion Blog for topics addressed in the book Foundations of Systematics and Biogeography.
Systematic Biology & Biodiversity in the UK
- A copy of the Systematics Association response to the House of Lords request for evidence for their enquiry on 'Systematic Biology and Biodiversity in the UK' can be found here.
- a transcript of the House of Lords Committee on 'Systematic Biology and Biodiversity in the UK' held on 5 February 2002 can be found here.
- the House of Lords debate on Friday 12 July 2002. (Sustainable Development) the Science and Technology Committee report "What on Earth? The Threat to the Science Underpinning Conservation." can be found here.
- February 2008: Response to the House of Lords Science & Technology Committee call for evidence: Systematics and taxonomy. Read the Systematics Association submission
'From Cladograms to Classification: the Road
Dr. Norman Platnick gave the Annual Address on Wednesday 5th December, 2001 in the Lecture Room of the Linnean Society of London.
The text of his address can be found here
- you may also be interested to read the
between Mike Lee (for); Gary Nelson (against)held during the Joint Conference of the Australasian Evolution Society and the Society of Australian Systematic Biologists, 16-18 July 2001, University of Melbourne."
- Read 'The future of biological taxonomy? Does
the PhyloCode offer a viable alternative to traditional
Linnaean taxonomy?' an essay by Jake
- The official PhyloCode web site can be found here http://www.ohiou.edu/phylocode/.