Conferences and Workshops
This free script provided by
Application for a conference organisation grant from the Systematics Association
- The Systematics Associations provides grants to support the organisation of meetings that are pertinent to the Association's aims.
- Applications may be submitted at any time of year, but ideally should be received at least 9 months before the date of the proposed meeting. They will be evaluated by the Systematics Association Council at its meetings in January, April, July and October.
- Applicants are encouraged to consider publishing a book based on the proposed meeting within the Systematics Association volume series. Larger grants are available to successful applicants who publish with the Association.
- The Association will give priority to applicants who aim to improve access to meetings for participants that would otherwise be unable to attend, especially participants from developing countries.
- Funding is provided in advance of a meeting to allow organisation to proceed smoothly. Any unused funding should be returned to the Systematics Association, who will re-invest it in future meetings.
- All successful applicants are expected to provide a report of the meeting to be published in the Systematics Association Newsletter.
- The maximum amount awarded is £2,000, with only half of that amount awarded upfront and the balance being paid on publication of the symposium volume with Cambridge University Press.
Applications should be returned to